Flipster - a platform for Digital magazines
The following magazines are available in digital format: Bloomberg Business Week, Bon Appetit, Creative NonFiction; Digital Photographer, Discover, Forbes, iCreate, Lonely Planet Traveller, MIT Technology Review, National Geographic History, Natural History, New Yorker, Phi Delta Kappan, Popular Science, Real Simple, Rolling Stone, Scientific American, Scientific American Mind, Sight and Sound, Wired and Yoga Journal.
For Mobile Devices and App
Using this method you can download issues to your mobile device.
1. Open this link while in school on your mobile phone while connected to the school's wireless. If your phone is not registered with the school, use the school's VPN. In the top right corner click “sign in" and then choose sign in with Google. Use your RC Google Drive email and password.
2. From your mobile device App Store download the Flipster app to your phone.
3. From the link search for a magazine and when you find it, click read this issue. When it opens, go to the left hand corner and click on the 3 lines icon. From here click "open in app”.
4. You can go directly to articles from the table of contents by tapping the item or browse the magazine by swiping.
Using this method you can read and print pages from current and back issues but you cannot download.
1. Open this link while in school. In the top right corner click “sign in" and then choose sign in with Google. Use your RC Google Drive email and password.
Steps to set up your NYT account or reactivate it.
1. While physically on campus and connected to our network, go to accessnyt.com. Note: You cannot activate your Pass while off campus or via a proxy server.
2. Create a free NYTimes.com account using your school email address. If you already have an NYTimes.com account using your school email address, you may log in with those credentials.
3. Next time you login into the New York Times www.nytimes.com, use your own login and password.