Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
French Search Engines
Founded in 2013, Qwant may be one of the most well-known search engines based in France as well as one of Google’s top competitors.
Exalead is a French search engine geared towards businesses.
A search engine designed for kids.
Domains of the French Speaking World
Here are some common domains from some of the most well-known French-speaking countries in the world. The domain comes at the end of a .url and tells you which country the website originated.
.ci (Ivory Coast)
How to start researching?
- Decide on keywords for your topic: Beaux Arts expressionnisme
- Then combine the keywords with words about Turkey
For example, expressionnisme Turquie.
- Browse through the tabs on this guide and read some of the articles for ideas and context. Take some time to explore different sites.
- Use Google Advanced Search to continue your search and then try some of the French search engines on this page. Evaluate the information. Be aware of the source of the information. Is it a government or university website? Is it or sponsored by a respectable institution, newspaper, journal or magazine?
- Keep a list of links to your articles, so you have a variety to choose from. The first three articles you find may not be the best ones. Remember, it should be understandable, reasonably short and relevant. You only need 3 articles, but it is helpful to have other videos, photos, etc. If you save a resource (article, photo, video) be sure to note all citations.
- If you are feeling frustrated or unsure about a resource, ask for help! :)